Wednesday 24 February 2021

Welcome to Charlton Retro

At this gloomy time for the club this blog looks back at some of our happier days, making use of stories published on our other Charlton blogs and articles I have written for Voice of the Valley, reproduced by kind permission of the editor, Rick Everitt.

A friend of mine who is a Manchester United supporter once asked me why I supported a down market club like Charlton instead of a proper, i.e., top six, club.  I explained that it was to do with my father's support of the club and an identification with South-East London.  'Hopelessly retro,' she replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When I reported for Charlton

With Rick Everitt seeking Florida sun, I was the club website reporter in 1997.  I ended up in some odd locations (Witney Town's ground ...